Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~*A white pedestal*~


Pedestals are great to have on hand when decorating. I have several and incorporate them whenever I can in my decor. Pedestals come in all shapes, sizes, and color. From new to old, from plain to ornate, made out of wood, cement,or plaster they're out there and you can usually find them at flea markets, that's where I got mine.




This pedestal is a newer piece that I bought several years ago. I love the design of the piece but wasn't thrilled with the baby blue color it once had. Several coats of creamy paint, and it matched the cottage decor perfectly. On top of the pedestal sits a old milk can with vintage lace and is filled with white silk flowers. This pedestal sits between a wicker settee and a chippy paint hutch. I wanted something in between the two pieces as there was room. If I put the milk can on the floor by itself it would be too small and look out of place. By placing it on top of the pedestal it adds substance and the right amount of height.


Here's another look


The milk can I love it to pieces, with it's rusty crusty attitude! To add a little chicness, I draped a vintage lace piece around the front and tied it in the back.


Yep, love the look !!

Oh, and speaking of pedestals, I'll be showing another one for "Chippy Paint Fridays."

Make it a great day, Janice:))



3 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Janice, Looks great and I love the white hydrangea's in it!
~Patti

Mary said...

Hi Janice! That is a beautiful pedestal, but what you did with it made it all the more beautiful! Love the lace doily,
and the white hydrangeas. You are so creative! Can't wait til Friday to see more!

Elyse said...

very cool, janice! my friend once used a pedestal as her bedside table. very romantic looking!

xo