Monday, July 20, 2009

~*Vintage mirror makeover*~

Yesterday, I did a post about a vintage mirror I had hidden away in the garage, the wood frame was gorgeous but I didn't like the picture that was in there (see yesterday's post). I removed the picture, grabbed the paint and paint brush and got busy. I gave this mirror some dignity that it well deserves.

Ready to see?





The mirror is much prettier now, don't ya think? The spots on the picture is just the reflection of the chandelier that hangs above.



I used some scrap booking paper that I already had to replace the previous picture.



Yep, I love the way it turned out, much more delicate looking.


Humm, Now where should I hang this? I'm off to find a place for the mirror.


Make it a great Monday, Janice :))



6 comments:

Mary said...

Hey Janice! I LOVE your mirror make-over! It's much prettier than the old look - very shabby chic! I love your entire blog and your creative talent - you have an eye for what things need to make them beautiful. This one is just adorable!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Simply GORGEOUS!! I knew you would make it beautiful!! You are so talented and I LOVE your blog :)
Toni

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Great makeover!!
Michelle

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi...I just found your blog and love your makeovers and your shabby chic home! Hope you will stop by and visit my blog!
~Patti

Unknown said...

You are so creative Auntie! I wish I was as creative and innovative as you!

Mary said...

Hi Janice! Thanks for the great compliment! Didn't think I would get it posted this week, but couldn't sleep, so got up and finally, at 2 a.m., it was done! You're a doll - talk to you soon!