Saturday, June 27, 2009

*~Thick Garland of Roses Mirror~*

A few years ago, my mom and I went on one of our buying trips. We stopped off in Barstow and hit a few of the antique stores along the way. I found this drop dead gorgeous mirror, looked at the price and thought no way am I paying that much. After all, this was our first stop of a three day shopping extravaganza and I had to make my money last. The women who worked at the store saw me with a contemplating look and asked me if I was interested in the mirror. Of course I had to pick out all the flaws, like the missing gesso and after a few negotiating deals back and forth, the mirror became mine. So, as happy as I am to have the mirror, the mirror has leaned up against a wall in my bedroom. A few months ago I lugged the mirror from room to room(and it's very heavy and soild wood) trying to find a spot for it, nothing seemed to look just right so back to the bedroom it went. I lugged the mirror back out today and thought it would work perfect in my home if it was painted, yep that's right, painted a cottage creamy white.


This mirror dates back to the 1920's and is just gorgeous the way it is, don't ya think?







I mean, look at the thick garland of roses on top



Simply breath taking


Can you see the etching in the mirror?


So what would you do, paint it or leave as is, I think I'm gonna paint it and hang it up right after I read the current addition of Romantic Homes,

right out here

Have a fabulous Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm partial to the way it looks now, but then again I love white too...Hmmm, big decision. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

very beautiful mirror.. if me, I would painted it white.. but to leave as is also look lovely! yeap.. can't wait to see the end result!

have a great weekend

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love the mirror!! I would probably paint it white, but it is lovely as is , also!
Michelle

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Janice, it's gorgeous!!!! It will be so beautiful painted....I can't wait to see it! Your patio is so beautiful ~ very romantic to read your new magazine too! xxoo, Dawn

Chandra said...

i just found your blogsite...and its fun! thanks for the chippy paint furniture! I will be back :)