Saturday, June 20, 2009

All Done

Heres a little reminder of what this vintage amoire looked like before, my make over project:




And this is what she loooks like now:

More pictures


I added larger appliques to all the drawers and the door, I like the way the amoire looks with the larger appliques then the smaller ones (a before picture below)









Close up of the appliques

This was written in the book that I used to line the drawers with, dated 1830, wow! This page was included in the lining of the drawers.


When I first started this ~make over~ project, I wanted to paint it a differnet color, ya know, I wanted to step out of my comfort zone. Well, I did paint it a different color and when I was all done, I changed my mind and repainted it my favorite color of cottage white. I started out painting it a robin's egg blue, it did not come close to matching anything in my house. Heres the only picture I have of the robins egg blue.


Don't get me wrong, I really like this color, I thought about repainting my bedroom just so this color could work in the room but I really don't like to paint that much, haha.

I have a few more minor details to take care, like touching up the paint in few areas then a light sanding than back to my bedroom where it once was. I really like the way this turned out, don't you?

My next project will be repainting my dining room chairs. I'll keep you posted.

Make it a great weekend, Janice

1 comment:

Tereza Crump said...

oh, so pretty. I wish I had more time in the day to play with furniture too. :) Gorgeous work.