Sunday, June 14, 2009

Almost Done


My make over project is almost done, just a few minor details before her reveal. Yesterday, I took the door outside to give it a good sanding and look what appeared right before my eyes. I couldn't believe it! This vintage decal was underneath a few layers of paint and parts of it still remain. Looks like a teddy bear, love the eyelashes. She looks so cuddly and sweet.


I turned the sander off and took some pictures of her. And all this time I thought the appliques were orginal to this piece of furniture, boy was I wrong!

Since these photos were taken, all painting has been done and drawers have been lined, heres a little peek of the progress so far.
I lined all the drawers in french writing from a book . I Mod Podged all the pages together and then gave it a good coat of Mod Podge ontop to hold into place.

Trying to center the applique, yes, this is what a real applique looks like. I still need to apply the appliques to all the drawers and put knobs on them. I went to Lowes last night and they were all out of the crystal knobs (darn). I might have to buy some wooden ones until the crystal knobs come in. Hopefully by tomorrow I can show you the completed project.

Make it a great day, Janice:))

No comments: