Friday, June 26, 2009

Chippy Paint Fridays



For the next 8 weeks, I will be hosting a segment called Chippy Paint Fridays. Every Friday, I will picture items in my home that have the natural, worn weathered chippy paint, peely paint for a perfect patina. I just love the look and have acquired a lot of items over the years that will fit perfectly in this segment. I invite you to join me and tell your fellow bloggers to join in as well. Sorry for the short notice but I'm a spur of the moment type of gal, I get an idea and I run with it:)). If you would like to participate, you can email me or write me a comment and I will include your blog name with picture(s) of your item and a brief description on my Chippy Paint Friday posts, sound fun? And lets be honest, don't we love looking at pictures of other people's houses?? I know I do and have been known to drool all over my keyboard when I see something absolutely fab-u lous.

Lets begin, shall we?


My husband bought me this vintage mirror two years ago and is one of my favorite pieces. I love the chippy paint though out the piece and the faded green corbels each side adds a dash of architectural flair. The mirror hangs on a old door that I have leaned on a wall in my foyer.

Crackled, peely paint

closeup

Vintage lace hangs on top of the door adding a bit of femininity to the look.

It's an old, ornate salvaged wood mirror, love the look!


Here is a sneak peek of what I will featuring next Friday.


More posts to follow though out the week.


Make it a great day, Janice

No comments: