Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Some little white pumpkins

The other day while at the grocery store, I bought four white pumpkins and thought they would look cute at each place setting at the dinner table. So, I placed the white pumpkins on the dinner plates and well, they just looked to small! I walked around the house holding these pumpkins, hoping for a decorating idea to pop into my head. Here's what I did.

I placed the pumpkins on some candle holders that I have. These are on one side of the foyer table.

I decorated one of the pumpkins with some vintage lace and an earring. So fast and simple to do. I secured the lace to the pumpkin with a straight pin and glued the earring to the lace. When I take my fall decorations down, I will simply take the lace and earring off the pumpkin and use for something else.

The other pumpkin sits on top of another candle holder surrounded by a pretty wreath.

Here's another look.


This is a candle holder that sits on the buffet table with all my beaded domes. I am so far behind this year with my fall decorations that I almost gave up. At least this is a start and now I feel inspired to get it done.


As I write this post, I have a whole chicken baking in the oven, stuffed with a large bundle of fresh thyme, garlic, and lemons and the house smells scrumptious! My kids are waiting patiently for dinner to be done and so am I!

Make it a great day, Janice


4 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I love your white pumpkins and the way you have decorated with them! That chicken sounds delicious!
Michelle

Cindy said...

Now sren't those cute! I love the lace and brooch on the white pumpkins!

Mary said...

Janice, just leave it to you to make those little white pumpkins look so big in style! They are adorable...I never would have thought to do that, but you always come up with the most romantic and chic looks, no matter what you're working with. You should give classes!

Been thinking about you lately...hope everything is going great in your world...talk to ya soon, sweet friend!

Mary

Ana said...

Hi Janice,
Want to hear something hilarious? Today I tried a new recipe for chicken made in a crock-pot and it was thyme and lemon chicken...the house smells sooooo good. It is probably like smelling yours. Too funny huh? The chicken was delicious. Anyway, love your little white pumpkins. Check my blog tomorrow, I made some pumpkins out of fabric...let me know what you think. Until next time.

Hugs,
♥Ana