Thursday, October 22, 2009

Community Sales in the Fall




As the weather cools down to the mid 80's, we start coming out of our air conditioned houses to enjoy the outdoors, to feel and enjoy the nice fall weather. When fall arrives here, a lot of outdoor activities take place such as outdoor concerts, musical plays in the park, walk a thons, bike races, marathons and lots of community sales, garage sales, and parking lot sales.




Last weekend, my mom and I went to our favorite parking lot sale, it's held twice a year and it's one that we don't want to miss. On Saturday morning, my mom meet me at my house bright and early and off we went to do some serious shopping, with our flea market shopping cart in tow.


The following pictures are just some of the things that came home with me



Our shopping cart was overflowing with vintage goodies. I had to stuff a few things in my pants pockets, that how loaded down we were, seriously! Not everything was photographed, like all the Christmas decorations we bought (I'll save that for another post). I would had taked a picture of the over stuffed, overflowing shopping cart however the camera was at the bottom of the cart!


White throw pillow, vintage nesting bowls, cast iron brackets


Love these!




Bouquet of posy roses, in mint condition!




1940's Italian tole compote



Gorgeous design on the glass


" Made in Italy" metal tag still attached. This was the first thing I bought.



Perfectly tarnished, vintage monogrammed silver brushes



Men's cologne bottles with green plastic tops,





Love the design on the labels.




Rusty crusty candle chandelier, love it!!



Cute little planter. I'm gonna fill it up with some small white pumpkins.


Fufu flowered pillow. I laughed out loud when I saw it which meant I had to get it, haha

Hideous or cute?, humm






I bought this, not so much for the picture but for the beautiful vintage frame. As you can see, it has a small crack , bottom, left had corner, I think I can try and fix when I paint over it.






Adorable, vintage Autumn themed picture


I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed showing them to you.
My husband and I are still walking/running, doing a little more running than walking and it feels great!
My sister talked me into taking a beginners yoga class with her so I'm doing that on Tuesday evening for 8 weeks. Our first class was this Tuesday and I really enjoyed it, the lights in the room were turned down low, candles lit and pretty soft music playing in the background, yep, I could get use to that!


Thanks to all my loyal followers who always post a comment on my blog, I get so excited when a comment has been left, it means the world to me!
Make it a great, autumn day, Janice


5 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Janice....Wow...love the picture frame with the flowers! That is going to be a beauty when you get done with it! Enjoy your yoga...that does sound relaxing!~Patti

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Hi Janice,
Community garage sales are the best! I just love love those two silver monagramed brushes!! Great find! Thanks for sharing your finds!
My best
Gale

English Cottage in Georgia said...

What absolutely fantastic finds! If I found that much in a month, I would consider myself lucky...this was in one outing?
I am going to have to go back to your pics to figure out my fav of your purchases.
Cheers!

vintagebejoyful said...

I just love your blog! so shabby sweet and yes the clipboard would be fabulous in your home! thanks so much for entering, I hope you visit often and I have added you to my favorites.....

Tracey

That Girl Ang said...

Just beautiful... LOVED the frames!