Sunday, August 16, 2009

~*Ikea & Craigs List*~


Last Sunday, I was trying to build my courage to clean my oldest son's bedroom, it was a wreck!! I walked into his room looked around, walked out, shaking my head, not ready to commit myself for the task.

I got onto the computer and looked at Craigs List, looked in the furniture section. An ad appeared for an Ikea white slipped covered sectional couch, I truly gasped, no kidding. I called the phone number that was listed on the ad and yes it was still available. My husband and I ran some errands and while doing so I was imagining how that white slipped covered sectional would look in our formal living room, or in the family room. I talked to my husband about the couch and we agreed to get it.


With the last week being extremely hectic around here, I didn't have a chance to do any sort of rearranging of the formal living room. Yesterday, I called my sister Mary over for some advice (she lives across the street from me). We decided the sectional looked the best, the way you see it. I moved an old door that was in the foyer and moved it into the corner as I thought the corner needed something with height. I moved funtiure around, moved furniture out, cleared out china hutches, moved a china hutch in my bedroom, moved stuff in the garage. My back was killing me from moving furniture and the only cure I know for a backache is wine, yep, two big glasses of wine will do the trick so I continued on.


I'm really happy with the way the room looks.


A yoyo pillow my mom made me adds a splash of color to the couch.

This is what the other side of the room looks like.


A vignette in the room, not to sure if I like the way it looks.

The formal living room and dining room is one big open area. When your sitting on the couch you have the view of the dining room and this is what you will see.


I started this project around 5:00 pm and finished at 11:00pm but the finial outcome was well worth it.

A beaded dome vignette in the dining room.

Make it a great Sunday, Janice:))


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE everything... The antique cabinet, the sectional, the beautiful beaded accessories, EVERYTHING is gorgeous!!!

If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I just put up a New Post!
Have a great day,
Aimee

Mary said...

What a fantastic find! That sofa is gorgeous, and already slipcovered! How could you go wrong? With all of your beautiful shabby accessories, like that china cabinet that I envy, and the lovely yellow painted walls, it comes together beautifully. You have quite a touch with decor! My sister used to live across the street, too, but is now 15 minutes away...seems like sooooo far! Have a great week-see ya Friday! Mary

Erin said...

your sectional is fabulous! love the yo yo pillow. Erin

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Love how the sectional looks in the room! The room seems to flow which is so nice. Good view of the dining room from the sofa!
~Patti

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You lucky girl!! I LOVE the couch and your gorgeous view of the dining room!! What a beautiful home!!
Michelle

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

EEKKSS AWWWW OHHH love it!!!! Looks amazing it was ment to be in that place for sure!!! Your home is just stunning!!! and your domes OH MY!!!!!
have a great week!

Elyse said...

speaking of GASPing out loud, LOOK AT THIS AMAZING ROOM! it is beautiful. everything is sooooo pretty. when i first started to read your post i was thinking it was a photo from ikea and then read on to see it's your own home. SWOON!

love it love it love it!

xo

Unknown said...

Looks great! Mom told me how you guys spent lots of time moving things around. All your hard work really paid off!! I'm loving the new couch!

Ana~A Petite Cottage said...

Hi Janice,
It looks fab U lous!!! I love the yo yo pillow your Mom made. Too cute. And your chippy paint china cabinet is to die for. It was all definitely worth your hard work and effort. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
♥Ana

WIZARD OF ONCE WAS "WooW" said...

Janice,
I absolutely love love your room! Nice job. I know there is so much behind the scenes that we all don't even know about, but the result is what counts, right! I really want to join your Chippy Fridays, but am afraid that this week doesn't look good for me at it is my show at Matildas Mouse. Next week I would love to jump in, if that's still okay!
Gale

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Love your dining room in all the neutrals. Something calming about creams and whites. . . . I always thought a white couch wouldn't be kid friendly, but it's the best because slip covers can be washed!

Kathy said...

I really like your crisp, clean white look....everything is so lovely and feminine. You're very clever and talented. Keep posting!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.