Monday, September 28, 2009

Lets chit chat, shall we?





Are you wondering what this photo is? Well it's a photo I took while my son and I were in North Carolina. It's a mural that was painted on a side of a building. I took a double take when I first saw it, made a U-turn as fast as I could and whipped into the parking lot to snap a few photos, to show all my blogger friends.


One thing I discovered in Cary, North Carolina, there are no emergency lanes, or no where to pull over like a shoulder on the road, nope, didn't see one as I drove past darling , pretty as could be houses. I won't even talk about when we went to Duke University, couldn't find a parking anywhere or the University of North Carolina, same thing, NO parking spaces, no where to pull over to walk the campus or to take pictures. You see, my son Michael who is 13 years old, likes to look at colleges, we do alot of travelling to different states for baseball. Whatever state we are in, we find the university to take a look, to do a little sightseeing around the campus.

So, the only pictures I have to share with you are the murals from two different buildings. I'm sure if these darling houses were built after Blogs were discovered, I'm sure that along the roads there would be little turn off lanes for picture taking with a sign that would read something like this: "Turn off lane for taking pictures for blogs."



I don't want you to like that I'm here to bad mouth North Carolina because it's a pretty state with lush green landscaping all around, huge trees with breath taking views, I just wish I had some pictures to show you.



Since I've been back from my trip, I have come to the realization that I need to slow down while driving. I've always been the dare devil on the road, driving just a little faster than the posted speed limit....just a little. The other day on my way to work at 5:30am, listening to my favorite radio channel, I looked in my rear view mirror and what do I see, yep, flashing red lights. I pull over to the right so the police car can pass me and get to where they were going but the car pulled up right behind me. Humm, I thought, what did I do? The nice police officer informed me that I was driving way faster that the posted speed limit. He informed me what the posted speed limit was and told me how fast I was going. Only 11 miles over the posted speed limit (I thought to myself, why is that considered speeding). We had a lovely conversation and I drove away without a ticket, yippeee! I considered my self lucky and since then, I'm driving the posted speed limit, well, most of the time.


I seem to drive just a little over the posted speed limit on my way home from work. So before I got off of work today, my son called and asked if I could stop off at Starbucks and get him and my youngest son their favorite frappuccino drink. I get their Starbucks request, come home for about 15 minutes, then it's off to physical therapy for my son. After physical therapy, went home and by now my husband is home from work. I'm home for about another 15 minutes and then my husband and I go grocery shopping.



With two growing boys, we buy alot of food! An hour and half in the grocery store, we head home. Unload the car, put the groceries away, fix dinner, clean the kitchen, make sure home work is done, tell the kids three times, "its time for bed" (they swear they didn't hear me the first two times).



With the house all nice and quiet, I can enjoy some blog time.

I have a lingering thought. Am I the only person who looks at the key board when typing? I thought about that today. Is it just me or are there others who do the same thing......please let there be others!



I'll be posting again real soon.

Make it a great week, Janice

1 comment:

Glam Junk Girl said...

Very cute Janice...! Wish I was antique shopping today.