Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pumpkin Seed Quilt


If any of you have been following my blog, you may remember the post I did on the yoyo throw my mom made for me last year for Christmas. Well, you see, my oldest sister Mary inherited my mom's sewing gene, sadly, it didn't carry over to me.

My sister has been making quilts for the past 20 years or so. She is a dye hard quilter and at any time, she has a couple quilts going at the same time. Her work is absolutely amazing and done with perfection just like my mom's quilts.

This is just one of the quilts she made for me, the pattern is called "Pumpkin Seeds." I love the whimsy design of the quilt and the colors she chose are all my favorites.


This quilt has gotten it's use over the years.


And still looks brand new because of the quality of fabric and craftsmanship.

Love the design!

My sister goes on a couple of quilting retreats a year to perfect her passion.

I've told my sister numerous times that she needs to do a blog about her quilting but the request has fallen on deaf ears for now. In the meantime, ever so often, I'll do a post on her quilts cause I'm so proud of her and I think she needs a little recognition for all that she has accomplished!

1 comment:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

What a beautiful quilt!! Your sister is very talented! Wish I could sew, but if I did I will probably still not have the patience to make big things like quilts. What a treasure!
Michelle